Budget Policy Statement 2017
The Budget Policy Statement (BPS) 2017 sets out the overarching policy goals that will guide the government's Budget decisions and the government's priorities for the forthcoming Budget.
The Budget Policy Statement 2017 was published alongside with the Half Year Economic and Fiscal Update 2016 which contains the Treasury's economic and fiscal forecasts.
- Budget Policy Statement 2017
- Published: 8 December 2016
- Parl. Number: B1
- ISBN: 978-0-947519-50-6 (Online)
- ISBN: 978-0-947519-49-0 (Print)
- Also published on the Treasury website.
- Executive Summary
- Economic and Fiscal Outlook
- Fiscal Strategy
- Budget Priorities
- Responsibly managing the Government's finances
- Building a more productive and competitive economy
- Delivering better public services
- Rebuilding Christchurch and responding to the Kaikōura earthquakes
- Annex: Long-term Fiscal Objectives and Short-term Fiscal Intentions